Edgewater is home to people representing more than 50 home countries, with more than 70 different languages spoken.
To celebrate this diversity, the first annual 48th Ward International Unity Day will be Saturday, November 18, 11am – 2pm, at the Broadway Armory, 5917 N. Broadway
48th Ward International Unity Day will include:
– Traditional music and dance performances from different cultures
– Tables with information and artifacts from more than 20 cultural organizations
– Storytelling sessions
– Samples of global cuisine from seven local restaurants
– Community bricolage art project
– International fashion showcase
You are invited to the Fall EGA Community Meeting with Alderman Harry Osterman & Katrina Balog, Executive Director of the Edgewater Chamber of Commerce, Monday, October 2nd at 6:30 pm at St Gertrude’s Social Hall – 1401 W Granville.
The EGA Fall meeting is a great place to meet your neighbors and get up to date on the latest goings on around the neighborhood. This is also your opportunity to ask questions that affect our community such as:
• Status of 6145 N Broadway development
• Edgewater Glen adjacent developments (e.g. departures/vacancies, status of the Edgewater Metra Station etc.)
• Revised speed bump configuration in alley between Hood and Norwood and alternatives for traffic control to the current rubberized speed bumps between Granville and Norwood
• Edgewater Neighborhood Bike Network update
• ..and anything else
Monday, October 2nd, 6:30 pm
St Gertrude’s Social Hall – 1401 W Granville
6:30 – 7:00 pm: Meet & greet with your neighbors. Free wine and refreshments will be served.
7:00 pm: Meeting begins
Blast from the past
The first EGA Community Meeting Flyer circa 1973
Edgewater Glen’s Fall Plant Swap will be held Sat. Sept. 23rd from 10am til noon, weather permitting in the backyard at 1420 W. Glenlake.
Fall is the best time to thin\transplant perennials like iris’ and daylilies, but most plants can be successfully transplanted during the cooler days of fall if adequately hydrated. Share extra plants and gardening paraphernalia along with meeting your gardening neighbors.
For more info contact Kim Kaulas at email@example.com or 773-368-3949.